Monday, March 15, 2010

LOVE AND FAREWELL


IRENE PIEL BATTS
APRIL 22, 1939 ~ MARCH 14, 2010

By now many of you may have heard that we lost our "Most Beautiful ~ Class of 1957". Irene fought a long, courageous battle with cancer for nearly two years. Her darling daughter Amy was at her side nearly every step of the way. She could use all our love and support at this difficult time.

There will be a visitation at Lange's Funeral Home in Ballinger Wednesday night, March 17th from 6 - 7 pm. A memorial service will be held at the First Presbyterian Church in Ballinger the next day, Thursday March 18th at 2:00 pm.

She is now at peace, and suffers no more.

-->
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
~Mary Frye

4 comments:

  1. June Hash Curry said:

    Such a lovely tribute, Marilyn, for such a beautiful friend.

    With love, June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Jerry (Carolyn) Davis said:

    Marilyn thanks so much for sending this to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy Bishop Rogers said:

    Thank you for letting us all know. She was such a beauty, and her fight was long and hard. I know you will miss her so much, Marilyn. Prayers will be with all her loved ones and friends who loved her as well.

    Peace. Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Susan Herring Stahl:

    M. once again, my deepest thanks for keeping me informed about our class. It has come to mean so much to me....and I do love your musings. I so like the person you have become...or were you always that insightful and I just didn't realize it?

    I have been very sad about Irene. She went through so much, as did her family. I have such sweet memories of when we were gradeschoolers.Since we lived 3 blocks apart our mothers would let us walk to each other's homes by ourselves. So grown up. I think I remember her house had a tin roof and I loved the way it looked ....and how it sounded when it rained. Who knew how popular they would be now.

    ReplyDelete