Thursday, December 13, 2007

THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS

Recently we had a "real snowstorm" as you can see in the photo. Yes, that's Glenn Smith waving at the camera. I forwarded this picture to a few friends here in Ballinger, and received two surprising responses. One of them was from Dot Schroeder who said it looked like her deceased brother! But most surprising was the following statement from Nancy Thompson Baker: "Looks like a ghost on your film, looks like Santa Claus.....on purpose?"

"Look right beside Glenn where the BIG snowflake is.... the tree trunk makes the ghost's arms, the beard is heavy snow in between Glenn and the car... Santa Claus? The limb above the heart looks like Santa's hat.... concentrate on the heart and use imagination. I've never seen a snowflake as big as that 'heart' one! I'm sure it's Santa!!!"

Does anyone else see this "ghost" in the above photo?? I finally did, and it spooked me.

The recent blog on the "hill house" sparked a few responses, but only added to my confusion. Who rented the garage apartment to Wesley Stokes.... and fed him his meals?

Here they are:


From Jerry Eoff: "You are doing a good thing with the blog spot. Keep it going. I never knew of this about Wesley. Wonder what else slid by over my head?"

From Susan Herring Stahl: "Just caught up with the blog...I think I remember that Jeep and Chock Jackson lived in the house on the hill during our high school days. Maybe we could learn more about the Wesley Stokes mystery from Jeep."

From Dorothy Bishop Rogers: "Yes, this picture was a blast from the past! My first husband's great aunt and uncle, Robert Lee, lived here and we visited often. As for Gene Keel, he was my first boss. In the summer after 8th grade, I went to work for Gene at the drugstore. I worked there several summers. I think Danny Baker and Ter also worked there one summer. Nice work, Marilyn, you have no idea how much we all look forward to your blog!"

Ter Cothran told a funny story on himself about his brief stint as an employee of Gene Keel. Maybe someday we can coax him into writing about it on the blog. Had something to do with a box of candy and Tommye Lou Curry.

Irene Piel Batts was also a long-time Keel Drug employee. Which reminds me. Her husband David is in the Community Hospital in San Angelo. I need to wrap this up for now, as I am going with a friend to visit him.

Stay tuned for more tales of the "wild west". Rattlesnakes and cowboys instead of football players!

Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment