Monday, January 7, 2008

ROCK BRIDGE AT CITY PARK

Today I received the following from Peggy (Branham) Krumlinde. I believe she sent it to all of our class, but I wanted to put it together with the picture of the bridge. Also, to remind all of you to check out Peg's online store. She has some really neat things, and a good sale going on now!

"If I remember correctly, that little rock bridge at the park is where our Brownie Troop (Rena Northington was our Brownie Leader) met for our day camp one year; I have pictures of the group and will try to find them. We had a "Style Show" one day and the runway was that same little rock bridge - at one time there were either rock or cement benches down a little way from the bridge and that is where the "judges" sat.

That is one of my fondest memories of that period of my life - we were so young and didn't realize at the time what a blessing living and growing up in Ballinger really was. Great memories!"

Peg's Online Store!
www.cookwarecottage.com

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the Brownies! Perhaps Peg will scan them and email them to the blog.



In 2007, we said goodbye to three of our former classmates that I know of: Jimmy Smith, Manuel Alvarez, and Barbara Ferguson Rollwitz. A few days ago I received this from Bill King:
"This is to notify my friends and family of the loss of my sweet little step granddaughter in Denver, CO." Her name was Emily Hansen, and she was only 18-years-old.

It is so difficult to lose a loved one whether young or old. My condolences to the families of each of the above.

I'm sure you all have noticed some of the additions to the blog. The music box and two slideshows. You may click on a song you wish to hear or click on the big arrow at the top and it will shuffle them around and play the entire song for you.

When you move your mouse over a picture in the slideshow, you will see two arrows and a pause button. You may go back or forward to view, or just let it run on its own. If you double click on the picture, it will take you to the web album so you can see the titles
/names of each picture. You may also order copies of the pictures from the web album.

I've been asked
again to mention the "COMMENTS" at the bottom of each new post. If there is a zero there, no comments have been made. If you click on "Comments", you may read any that have been made or send one of your own.

I have lots of ideas, photos, and stories waiting in the wings. I just need to get this formatted to suit me. I really do want to hear your own ideas, criticisms, and stories, and will do my best to put your old or new family photos here. As all of you know, I recently left off an email that I thought might hurt feelings or cause too much controversy if I posted it. I really don't want this blog to be a forum for political opinions. There are enough of those already out there. Now if one of our members decides to run for office, that's another matter!

Weren't the photographs from Gene Routh marvelous??? Of course, shortly after those were taken, Colorado had that horrendous storm! Let us see what it looked like at your house after the storm, Gene. We have had temperatures in the 70s the past three days!

Until next time......remember "Good Stuff Happens",
Marilyn






No comments:

Post a Comment