Thursday, October 30, 2008

'TIL NEXT TIME, JERRY

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

~Mary Frye


Jerry Lynn Davis


Friday, October 31, 2008

Jerry Lynn Davis Sr. "Geepaw"

Abilene

Jerry Lynn Davis Sr. "Geepaw" of Abilene passed away on Tuesday, October 28 at his home with his loving family close by. A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, November 1, 11:00 AM at Baker Heights Church of Christ under the direction of North's Funeral Home, 242 Orange. His remains will be interred at the Abilene Texas State Veterans Cemetery when it opens in 2009.

Jerry was born in Ballinger, TX July 10, 1939 to Sidney Estes and Mae Belle. Jerry married Carolyn Marie Green on April 7, 1962 in Winters, TX. He attended Ballinger High School and joined the Army with his brother Gene in 1957. He faithfully served his country in the Army as a Military Policeman in Vietnam, a recruiter and working with young troops as a career counselor. He retired from the Army as a Sergeant First Class in 1978 to San Angelo, TX where he attended ASU and earned an Associate Degree in Business in 1980. He joined the U.S. Postal Service in 1982 working as a clerk, carrier, and custodian during his 20-year career. Jerry served as an elder of the North Main Church of Christ, in Winters and loved volunteering at Hendrick Medical Center. He was a member of Baker Heights Church of Christ for 14 years. Jerry loved High School football, Volkswagens, and visiting people. Jerry was known for his love of people and his sense of humor.

He is survived by his wife Carolyn of Abilene, his three children Jerry Jr., Karen and her husband Steve, DeDe and her husband Vance; six grandchildren Quinten, Madison, Ashten, Avery, Logan, and Meadow; his brothers Wilburn and Gene; his dog Eddie and so many close friends who will miss his friendship and sense of humor. The family would like to give thanks to Dr. Hirsch, and all of the wonderful nurses that cared for him.

Accepting donations in lieu of flowers to Baker Heights Church of Christ and Hendrick Hospice Care.

online condolences may be sent to www.northsfuneralhome.com



*************************************************************************************
I know each of you join me in sending our condolences to Carolyn and her family at this time of loss. JERRY will be missed by all who knew him.

Peace and love,
Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely memorial, Marilyn, for such a lovely man.

    Thank you so much.

    June

    ReplyDelete