Sunday, June 18, 2017

ADDENDUM

I got an interesting email this morning from someone who served in the San Angelo Police Department with one of our former classmates, the late JOHN WAYNE WATKINS. I had posted his obituary at the time of his passing, and although I copied it from the newspaper, I was unable at the time to copy his photograph:

IN MEMORY



He went by his middle name, WAYNE, when he was in high school. His friend sent me the following photos:

 
He shared the above newspaper clipping that gives a little insight into Wayne's life in 1962-1964. This states that he was in shore patrol duty while in the Navy. He had served on the USS Princeton, and was stationed at the Barber's Point Naval Air Station in Hawaii. The years he served were oddly enough close to the time that BOB HOLLIS was in the Navy in Hawaii. Wonder if their paths might have crossed...?

My thanks to Joe Fields, who sent this information to me. He found our blog on the internet; and said he has a memorial for WAYNE on the website Find A Grave. I've used the site several times doing genealogical research.

Peace,
Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this info, Marilyn. I remember Wayne but did not know him well.

    ReplyDelete