Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving from Dottie

Hi everyone..

The following was sent to me tonight. I wanted to share it since it appears I have "dropped the ball" lately. I really haven't, and will write about it shortly. I "took a little trip" on a MedVac helicopter last week! Stay tuned.

Happy Turkey!

Marilyn

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!! Wow, aren't we blessed! We are expecting our first really cold spell, and I am sooooooo glad. Does anyone else out there suffer from the freaking sweat running off your nose all the time???

Hey, does anyone remember Kirk Brunson's old Hudson? He sat on a five gallon can, and all the rest of the car was wiped out. We would load as many as 20 (if my mind hasn't completely left me) and head to the drive-in movie for $1.00 Carload night. He also had an older car that lost a rear wheel as we all made the drag one night. Kind of a funny feeling when we saw the left rear wheel pass us on the main drag. Oh, well... these memories just flash by occasionally.

Love you all and wish I could have seen you!

Dottie(Bishop)

1 comment:

  1. Dottie,

    I had forgotten about the effort to get as many of us as possible into the drive in for $1. I have not forgotten how you helped me join the National Guard at age 17 by doing some creative paper signing. Throughout senior year I went every Monday night to Denny Hill's residence--near where Allsups is on Broadway now--changed into uniform, then changed back after drill. My parents didn't find out till I was turning 18.

    Thanks for being such a friend.

    ReplyDelete